 Local / United States / Massachusetts / Boston / 262
Re: Lego from Italy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 10:00:07 GMT

Hello NELUG,

1) I just finished my survey at the local shops. You may look/download the
list at:

http://www.geocities.com/~marioferrari/lego_sets.txt

Please read my notes.

2) I can also order items for you at this online store:

http://www.reimann.de/it/

Their prices aren't bad IMO (at least from an European perspective). Prices
are in Italian Lire. To get them converted to USD divide them by 1800 (being a
bit conservative). I will charge you the actual cost at the actual exchange
rate.

They appear not to charge any cost to ship in Europe if the order is at least
100,000 ITL (about 55 USD), and I have other items to order so I'm sure to
reach that amount.

3) Eric K. and Eric J. both have some Italian catalogs. You can look at them
during your next NELUG meeting to see if there's anything else you want from
here.

4) If I get a case full of Lego to carry there, I will take the bags out of
the boxes and flatten the boxes themselves to save some space.

5) In case my baggage gets checked by the US Custom, I'll explain them I'm
going to a Lego Convention and the sets are for my personal use. The fact the
parts are out of the boxes might help a bit to confirm this version. Anyway,
I'd like *you* take the risk there is any custom duty to pay. From what I know
of the US Custom rules, there's a 10% flat fee for imports not exceeding 1000
USD.

6) Your requests will be processed on a first-in first-served basis until my
case (and maybe my brother's) is full. NELUG members have priority against
other people that might read this message and be interested. If the case gets
full and still there's a set that you badly want, I have no problem to ship it.

7) Please send any request during this month (September). I'm going to have a
very hard October and very few spare time.

Mario