 Local / United States / Colorado / *532 (-10)
Re: LEGO Imagination Days
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.co, lugnet.loc.us.co.den, lugnet.loc.us.co.cos, lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 2006 14:54:39 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.co, Duane Hess wrote: (snip)

   I’ve uploaded photos from the event.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/legozilla/sets/72157594210072762/

If anyone has photos that you would like to contribute, please let me know and I would be willing to upload them to my account.

-Duane

I’ve also dug up the link to the news stations website. The interview that I did is available for viewing there.

http://cbs4denver.com/local/local_story_204142214.html

-Duane

Congrats! Nice work on the display and great exposure for you and your club!

It’s going to be the local displays that will spread the word on the AFOL community over the long-term, so it’s good to see things going on - how was the interview, as in did it stress you?

Joe Meno
House of Bricks Attendee

Re: LEGO Imagination Days
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.co, lugnet.loc.us.co.den, lugnet.loc.us.co.cos, lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 2006 13:43:25 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.co, Duane Hess wrote:
   In lugnet.loc.us.co, Duane Hess wrote:
   I am putting out the call for Denver AFOLs.

I have just received notice that the TLC has requested our presence at the Kazoo and Company Toy Store for this event. If you have a Town creation that you would like to display at this event, please contact me for coordination. I am still working out the details and will answer questions as the details come in.

The event is July 22nd, from 10:00 am until 4 pm.

-Duane

http://www.legobuildersoftomorrow.com/news_donation.html

I’ve uploaded photos from the event.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/legozilla/sets/72157594210072762/

If anyone has photos that you would like to contribute, please let me know and I would be willing to upload them to my account.

-Duane

I’ve also dug up the link to the news stations website. The interview that I did is available for viewing there.

http://cbs4denver.com/local/local_story_204142214.html

-Duane

Re: LEGO Imagination Days
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.co, lugnet.loc.us.co.den, lugnet.loc.us.co.cos
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2006 18:37:07 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.co, Duane Hess wrote:
   I am putting out the call for Denver AFOLs.

I have just received notice that the TLC has requested our presence at the Kazoo and Company Toy Store for this event. If you have a Town creation that you would like to display at this event, please contact me for coordination. I am still working out the details and will answer questions as the details come in.

The event is July 22nd, from 10:00 am until 4 pm.

-Duane

http://www.legobuildersoftomorrow.com/news_donation.html

I’ve uploaded photos from the event.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/legozilla/sets/72157594210072762/

If anyone has photos that you would like to contribute, please let me know and I would be willing to upload them to my account.

-Duane

Re: LEGO Imagination Days
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.co
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2006 00:12:53 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.co, Duane Hess wrote:
   I am putting out the call for Denver AFOLs.

I have just received notice that the TLC has requested our presence at the Kazoo and Company Toy Store for this event. If you have a Town creation that you would like to display at this event, please contact me for coordination. I am still working out the details and will answer questions as the details come in.

The event is July 22nd, from 10:00 am until 4 pm.

-Duane

http://www.legobuildersoftomorrow.com/news_donation.html

I’ve gotten some clarification from the PR firm handling the event and they will allow themes other than Town. The focus should be Denver specific if possible or, if not, in their words “impressive”.

It is certain that we will have one table to start with in the morning. I will not know until sometime Monday whether or not we will have a second table available in the morning for setup. After lunch there will be one more table that becomes available. (Essentially it is 1 table + an afternoon table or 2 tables + an afternoon table)

If you are interested in displaying at this event, please contact me so that I may have some time to coordinate the table layouts.

-Duane

Subject:
LEGO Imagination Days
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.co, lugnet.loc.us.co.cos, lugnet.loc.us.co.den
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2006 16:26:34 GMT

I am putting out the call for Denver AFOLs.

I have just received notice that the TLC has requested our presence at the Kazoo and Company Toy Store for this event. If you have a Town creation that you would like to display at this event, please contact me for coordination. I am still working out the details and will answer questions as the details come in.

The event is July 22nd, from 10:00 am until 4 pm.

-Duane

http://www.legobuildersoftomorrow.com/news_donation.html

Subject:
Small Stock Equity Alert
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.co.den
Date:
Sat, 17 Jun 2006 21:16:34 GMT

For attention.
We found company ready to EXPLODE!!
Put CGDC on your radar's now. This shows a significant up in
price and sometimes in days, not months or years.
Watch CGDC like a hawk Monday!! The alert is on!!

CHINA GOLD CORP
Sym: CGDC
Current Price: 0.30

A Company engaged in gold and minerals exploration and development of
gold and mineral properties in China.

Why consider CHINA GOLD CORP (CGDC)? Seee n0wadays what happened.

Rising gold prices are further accelerating this gold rush - The
price of gold has up 250% over the past five years, and this is still only
a quarter of when the price peaked 25 years ago. (Adjusted for
inflation.)

HUGE gold discovery in southwestern China - Resources have already
been estimated by analysts at 14 million ounces...and the number keeps
climbing.

China is the worlds last great under-explored land-mass - Locked
away in a Marxist time-warp with limited exploration technology, China
rich virgin gold fields have been overlooked and ignored until recently.

China is already the world 4th largest producer of gold ?and will
soon be the world #1 producer AND #1 consumer. The country is going
gold-crazy!

Foreign gold companies are now welcome - and the laws have been
changed to provide full legal protection.

You can see China developing gold boom is building momentum. Rare
0pp0rtunity for early investors!!

CURRENT NEWS: China Gold Corp. Announces Shareholder Update

China Gold Corp. (CGDC - News) is a Nevada Corporation, engaged in gold
and minerals exploration and development of gold and mineral properties
in China. The company is pleased to announce has entered into
negotiations with Zhong Cui Investments LTD. for the acquisition of Gold Mine
property in the rural mountainous Guang Ning District near Zhao Qing
City, Guangdong Province of China.

China Gold Corp. is currently evaluating the Gold Mine property
preliminary geological information and the property. If the company due
diligence produces favorable results, management is expected to sign the
letter of intent with Zhong Cui Investments LTD. in the next thirty (30)
days.  The Letter of Intent requires both parties to draft a definitive
agreement and terms of any subsequent joint venture. Property
description and all additional information will be available upon finalization
of the agreement.  The company will be made further announcements in
this regard in coming weeks.

ABOUT THE COMPANY
China Gold Corp. is a Nevada Corporation, engaged in gold and minerals
exploration and development of gold and mineral properties in China.
China Gold Corp. is dedicated to delivering growth to the shareholder by
employing a disciplined business methodology through acquisitions and
joint ventures. The Company seeks to acquire properties with the
following development criteria: largely unexplored but highly prospective
geological regions, ability to generate near-term revenue and cash flow,
tremendous geological potential for world-class economic deposits.

Subject:
Upcoming Events
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.co, lugnet.loc.us.co.cos, lugnet.loc.us.co.den
Date:
Mon, 6 Feb 2006 19:44:04 GMT

All-

I am working on possible COLUG events for this October. Two that are
strong possibilities are Nan Desu Kan and Mile Hi Con.

I'm trying to gauge interest in displaying for these events so that we
can secure more/better space this year. Who is willing to display? How
much room will we need? I'm also wondering of there is an interest in
publicly presenting on building techniques at either or both of these
events.

On a more generic topic, are there other possible events that come to
mind where we can display our MOCs? What resources can we gather to
make these type of displays the best available? Let's open up
discussions early so that we can put our best foot forward.

-Duane

Re: Mini moonbase, anyone?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.co
Date:
Wed, 17 Aug 2005 19:18:16 GMT

On 8/17/05, Duane Hess <LEGOZILLA@hotmail.com> wrote:
In lugnet.loc.us.co, John Fiala <jcfiala@gmail.com> wrote:

On 8/17/05, Duane Hess <LEGOZILLA@hotmail.com> wrote:
They wouldn't by any chance be interested in having a Lego display would
they?
We were just discussing something like that at the last get-together....

A lego display?  I know we've had people show up informally and show
such off, but we might.  Let me email Rose and see what's possible.

Which would you prefer:
a) An area, like a hall table, where people would walk by and see it?
b) An event on the program, where people would show up for an hour,
look at items, and talk about Lego and space things?
c) Another option is sponsoring time in the Con Suite.  It would
involve pooling money for snacks (possibly a lot of them), but for an
hour or two we would have the complete attention of people who are
stopping for a snack.

I would vote for (a) or (b). I'm thinking cheap and informal since we don't
really have much in the way of experience doing public displays.

I'm making the assumption that we're coming into this late in the game. Maybe
next year we could be a little more serious about a Con display. Ideally, it
would be nice to have something similar to the House of Bricks display in
Chicago. We had a whole room dedicated to our displays and a spot in the
program.

Would you be willing to check into the specifics on this? Or at least get a
contact?

Here's what my friend Rose Beetem, one of the programming (or the
programming) people, has just said:
They could check and see if any tables are still available in the art shows.
Alternatively, if they were able/interested in running a 50-minute session
on doing Lego art, I could slot them in as art programming.

I'd need to know about that ASAP, though. have someone get in touch by email
or phone: 303-477-6822.

Email being: milehiconprogram@hotmail.com

--
John Fiala

Re: Mini moonbase, anyone?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.co
Date:
Wed, 17 Aug 2005 17:04:43 GMT

On 8/17/05, Duane Hess <LEGOZILLA@hotmail.com> wrote:
I'm making the assumption that we're coming into this late in the game. Maybe
next year we could be a little more serious about a Con display. Ideally, it
would be nice to have something similar to the House of Bricks display in
Chicago. We had a whole room dedicated to our displays and a spot in the
program.

Would you be willing to check into the specifics on this? Or at least get a
contact?

Sure, I've already emailed the programming person.  Depending on when
she next gets a chance to look at it, I'll hear from her on the idea.
It has the advantage of not being something we've done recently, that
I remember, which is always good.  Plus, I happen to know that the
schedule often doesn't get printed until very close to the convention,
so nothing's really set in stone yet.

--
John Fiala

Re: Mini moonbase, anyone?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.co
Date:
Wed, 17 Aug 2005 16:59:24 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.co, Joel Hoornbeek wrote:

   That sounds like fun! I’ve been looking for a small project to work on recently, and this looks like a good one. I’m at least going to start working on one, even if I don’t end up being able to attend.

Well, you’re in the Fort Collins area IIRC, so if that happens, you can come on over to my house sometime (or vice versa) and well have a mini-micro-moonbase with just whatever the two of us have built!

Best,
— Joe

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact