Re: NMRA info (zonker)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 01:46:09 GMT

Mike,

Make SURE to pack enough grey bricks for the bridge pylons - for all 12 sections.
I basically depleted my entire store building the 6 bridge sections (didn't have
much grey to begin with).

Also make sure to have a pretty good sketch of how things are going to be laid
out, so that Thurs morn people don't have to tear it apart Fri to rebuild it ;-)
I can stop by Thurs night, assuming they'll let me in without a pass.

Finally - for the overhead crane for my warehouse - the warehouse is using 2 grey
plates, but the crane needs to basically overhang another full grey plate,
correct?  The grey plates in front of the warehouse will have the train tracks,
and a road plate partially on them (and partially on the warehouse baseplates),
but the track will only be 4 studs from the edge of the baseplate, right?  If so,
I might have to build something funky, so that the crane can cover both rails, but
not have to worry about car overhang on the inside rail (the 4.5V double rails
that the crane will run on take up 2 studs, only leaving 2 studs between the
tracks and crane rails if I run the crane rails inside the track loops).  I might
have to have the crane rails OUTside of the track, with the crane able to pass
over both tracks (will take more counterweights).

I finished up the docks last night, will be finishing the crane for the docks and
several boats tonight, and start playing with warehouse perimeter layouts.  I'll
still be building like crazy all the way through Sunday, but that's OK, it might
garner attention to have someone building a train right there at the convention
;-)  (IOW, I doubt if I'll have time to build the black Metroliner or grey
Metronliner mail car, but WANT to build them, so might gather all of the parts
necessary and build them at the show).

Mark LaRue wrote:

It looks like I am picking things up on Wednesday and bringing them to the
show of thrusday. I am going to meet Mike, but I am not sure where. I gave him
my house address in San Jose, and I can also meet someone at lunch. I work for
HP in Mountain View. So what is good for you?

Oh, and I share your concerns about those questions.

    Do we have any exhibitor passes? (how many? who gets them?)
    Do we need to be NMRA members in the display? (cost to register onsite?)
    Do we need to buy tickets to get in if we don't have exhibitor passes?

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/