Re: NMRA show (the first of many?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 15:52:56 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, "David K. Z. Harris" <zonker@gnac.com> writes:
Sniped

We have been asked by another local group if we might be
interested in exhibiting at a show in Hayward, CA, in January 2001.
The Golden Gate Lionel Railroad Club is the group, and the flyer
says Sunday, 11a-4p, at Centennial Hall  (Foothill Blvd). One day,
nearby, and that say they'll display all gauges.

Centinnial Hall is only about 1 mile from my home.

Don't forget that GATS (the Great American Train Show) may roll
into the bay area around November...

snip

As an example, I think that working the booth all day is hard on a
person, and we should consider working in shifts. I also think that
we should have had a few more folks around the booth. (With just two,
it was too hard to talk to visitors, and still watch for trouble on
all four sides of the layout...once 3-4 folks were there in the
afternoon, things seemed to work better, in my opinion.) So, for
future shows, we probably ought to have more involvement by other
club members, signing up for booth duty. How many folks would be
interested in general? How many folks could commit to the Hayward show?

I could commit to helping.

   Regards,

      -Z-

snip

My weekend did not turn out at all like I wanted and so, very sadly, I missed
the show. I saw a brief article on Channel 7 news Sunday evening that showed,
for maybe 3 seconds, a shot of the BayLUG display. I'm greatly disappointed
this morning that I planned my time so poorly. I'm glad for those who did
participate that it went well.

I'll continue building and, hopefully, have something to display at the next
meeting.

Count me in for Hayward.

Matt