 Local / United States / California / Los Angeles / 37 (-37)
  Re: California Lego Train Club

Well, if there are two train clubs, more the better for me. Besides, imagine the statewide meetings (maybe once a year?)... They would be HUGE! As I am so far from North or South, I probably wouldn't be able to bring tables, though. Just Lego. Mike (...) (25 years ago, 11-Jul-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.fno, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.trains)

Dan Parker <dnvpark@gte.net> wrote in message news:FEp8FF.7FD@lugnet.com... (...) thus (...) LEGOLand- (...) for (...) If I'm not busy (and I doubt I will) then I would like to attend. Hopefully, two people I met at the Legofest from the region are (...) (25 years ago, 11-Jul-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.fno, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.trains)

  Re: California Lego Train Club

(...) For what it's worth, I can see California having 2 train clubs: 1. Heck, the state's big enough. 2. BAYLUG is already catching hold to anchor the north half. SD and LA should be able to support a group. 3. Reduced driving times means a greater (...) (25 years ago, 11-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.fno)

  Re: California Lego Train Club

When I attended the Legofest put on in March, I met two other train enthusiasts, one from San Diego county and the other from Orange (If I recall correctly). Having the club based in the middle of the state is a thought but it seems to me that (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.fno)

  Re: California Lego Train Club

(...) I recommend posting a CFD-style (call for discussion) message. First step: Post a message to the lugnet groups with the 'Newsgroups' and 'Followup-To' headers set like this: Newsgroups: lugnet.trains.org,lu...et.loc.us, (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.fno)

  Re: California Lego Train Club

As you are in southern CA and others are in the North, I proposed having it based in the middle of the state. Sure, it is a drive for each set of people, but not like driving from San Diego to SF or vice versa. On another note, I am part way done (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.fno)

I would like to be part of a California Lego Train Club but as Zonker said I'm one of those who live down in San Diego. I'm more in tune toward a Southern Cal LTC. Adrian Mike Poindexter <lego@poindexter.cc> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.fno)

  Re: California Lego Train Club

Dave, I have the set of plans Ben Fleskes made up and although I hade a similar table made, I was going to make more and decided to change to Ben's design, as mine was probably overkill. (My wife has trouble lifting her half of it.) As far as making (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.fno)

  Re: California Lego Train Club

(...) Well, I know there are a few folks in the San Diego area, and a few in the SF Bay Area (maybe more than a few, but I haven't found 'em yet), and you and Carrie in the outer-reaches. I'm a big proponent of getting a train group going. To that (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.fno)

  Re: California Lego Train Club

Well, kick it around for a bit and see what comes up. Technically both of you are the same distance from BayLUG too. BTW, you don't have to live here in SF to be a BayLUG member. While getting together might be difficult, membership and contributing (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.fno)

  Re: California Lego Train Club

Hi Mike, I'd love to join up but I'm 4-5 hrs away drive up north!!! Carrie (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.fno)

  Re: California Lego Train Club

You go boy! SteveB PNLTC (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.fno)

  California Lego Train Club

I was wondering if there was interest in having a California Lego Train Club? I live outside of Fresno, where I can find no AFOLs. I would like to start a train club and was wondering if anyone else in CA would like to discuss the idea. As I am near (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.fno)

  Re: LA Area Robot-Arena competition may Not happen...

(...) I prefer the objective oriented competitions. Maze solvers, find a can and bring it back. That sort of thing. The RCX hasn't been out long enough for folk to have mastered the art of agression on one I think. Also, it has been suggested around (...) (25 years ago, 9-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sbe, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.robotics.events.robot-arena, lugnet.robotics.events)

  LA Area Robot-Arena competition may Not happen...

I had originally posted (about 1 month ago) that I would be willing to set up an informal Robot-Arena style competition in the LA Area for March 17th 1999. Haven't gotten much responses/entries....Actually, got only one response from someone who (...) (25 years ago, 8-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sbe, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.robotics.events.robot-arena, lugnet.robotics.events)

  LA Area Robot-Arena Competition April 17, 1999

Tired of playing by yourself? An informal Robot-Arena competition will be held in the Los Angeles Area on Saturday April 17th 1999. This will be a...er...slightly destructive Lego(TM) on Lego(TM)smashing/sho...g/whatever competition using autonomous (...) (25 years ago, 4-Mar-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sbe, lugnet.robotics.events, lugnet.robotics.events.robot-arena, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la.lb, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la.pas, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la.sa, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.bak)

  Lego Mindstorm Robotwars...

A group is beginning a Robotwars style competition w/ Mindstorm Lego Robots called: "Lego Mindstorms Robot Arena". Though I have to admit that the basic goals of this competition are rather gory, "...autonomous robotic combat...to create as violent (...) (25 years ago, 11-Jan-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Pharaoh Model Show, Oxnard CA

PHARAOH MODEL SHOW Dear Lego(R) Maniac Come see the LEGO Pharaoh Model Show from December 29, 1998 - January 19, 1999. There's MORE ... Show off y our coolest LEGO creation at the Kids' Building Expo on Saturday, January 9 from 10:00 AM - 12:00 (...) (26 years ago, 4-Jan-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la.lb, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la.pas)

  Los Angeles Times, Thursday 17 December

On Thursday 17 December, there was an article on Legoland California in the Business Section of the Los Angeles Times. I was not able to get a copy before the newspaper went off sale. Did anyone save the article? I'd like to get a photocopy of it. (...) (26 years ago, 28-Dec-98, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la.lb, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la.sa, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la.pas)

  Lego Trains

Are there any Lego train enthusiasts in the area, besides me? Follow up set to <lugnet.loc.us.ca.la>. Gary GaryLouie@EarthLink.Net (26 years ago, 23-Dec-98, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la.lb, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la.sa, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la.pas)

  Re: Lego Imagination Tour non-sighting in Santa Monica

On Thursday morning, on the way to work, I saw the Lego Imagination Tour truck in Santa Monica. It is parked on the lower, beach level parking lot, just north of the pier. This is the $6.00 parking lot, and is most easily accessible by driving south (...) (26 years ago, 15-Oct-98, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: Lego Imagination Tour non-sighting in Santa Monica

  Re: Lego Imagination Tour non-sighting in Santa Monica

Darn, the contest is only for kids 5 - 12. Oh well, I guess that we'll have to have our own stinkin' contest!! Nicholas Universal Studios (26 years ago, 15-Oct-98, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: Lego Imagination Tour non-sighting in Santa Monica

Hi fellow LA legoers, I live in Santa Monica and can probably check it out later this afternoon. It's only open until 5pm which makes it hard. There's info at: (URL) including the schedule which does say the truck will be in the parking lot. I'm (...) (26 years ago, 15-Oct-98, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: Lego Imagination Tour non-sighting in Santa Monica

(...) The Animal Planet rig was parked in the pier's north-side parking lot at the far eastern end of the parking lot, farthest away from the water. I'd guess the Lego truck would be in the same area. (Of course, I haven't been guessing very well (...) (26 years ago, 15-Oct-98, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Lego Imagination Tour non-sighting in Santa Monica

I stopped at the Santa Monica Pier on Wednesday night at 19:00 to check on the location of the Lego Imagination Tour Truck. It wasn't there. Even worse, the officer at the Santa Monica Police Station on the pier didn't know anything about it. But he (...) (26 years ago, 15-Oct-98, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: Lego Imagination Tour - Santa Monica

"John Cromer" <cro@astro.caltech.edu> wrote (...) Uh, John, not sure how to tell you this, but the truck was in San Francisco on Saturday, 10 October. It won't be in Santa Monica until Thursday, 15 October. It will leave on Sunday 18 October. So, (...) (26 years ago, 15-Oct-98, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: Lego Imagination Tour - Santa Monica

(...) Well, I'm not going to be much help here. I went down to the pier on Saturday afternoon and didn't see the truck anywhere! The Animal Planet truck was there. I was bummed. Relieved my disappointment with some good seafood. (...) I'm not able (...) (26 years ago, 12-Oct-98, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: Lego Imagination Tour - Santa Monica

(...) Gary, As some of us will not be able to make it there, how about a report on what you see? On another subject, is there any interest to organize a group trip from this area to the grand opening of Legoland CA in March? John PS: This was the (...) (26 years ago, 11-Oct-98, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: Lego Imagination Tour - Santa Monica

Wow, hmm, local groups.... Well I just got back to work from a bicycle accident in which I broke my left arm, so I'm not driving (and I'm not typing as well as usual either). Just got off jury duty in downtown LA also, so I've been kind off out of (...) (26 years ago, 8-Oct-98, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: Lego Imagination Tour - Santa Monica

(...) Gary and All- I'm off from work on Thursday and will be going sometime during the day, probably early so I have plenty of tiem to check everything out! Chet Corbin citeman@aol.com ======== Posted via the LUGNET discussion group web interface (...) (26 years ago, 7-Oct-98, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: Lego Imagination Tour - Santa Monica

(...) I might head out there Friday or Saturday, although it's a bit of a drive from where I am. -Zach -- Zach "The Lego Maniac" Benz (URL) site last updated 8/8/98) Remove _NO_SPAM to send e-mail (26 years ago, 4-Oct-98, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Lego Imagination Tour - Santa Monica

How many people are going to this at Santa Monica Pier? As I understand it, the truck will be there from Thursday to Saturday. Would people like to get to together? Gary GaryLouie@EarthLink.Net (26 years ago, 3-Oct-98, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: Folks in the LA area

I'm not living in LA (any more), but replying to the rest of your message: Keeping posting on-topic will probably be an on-going effort. Besides the klewless who mis-post (either through ignorance, laziness, or bad karma), there will always be both (...) (26 years ago, 29-Sep-98, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.admin.general)

  Folks in the LA area

So, let's get some L.A. people in here chatting! I must say, as much as I didn't like the idea of splitting up RTL into a bunch of newsgroups, this is great! It somehow feels like a nice little community again, without a hundred messages a day. :) (...) (26 years ago, 29-Sep-98, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  ------( Terms of use for lugnet.com )------

TERMS OF USE FOR LUGNET.COM OVERVIEW AND DEFINITIONS lugnet.com ("LUGNET") is a privately owned Internet site designed and run primarily for the benefit of those who enjoy building with, discussing, collecting, buying & selling, trading, and (...) (26 years ago, 28-Sep-98, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  ------( Welcome to lugnet.loc.us.ca.la )------

Welcome to lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, a LUGNET discussion group. CHARTER/PURPOSE: lugnet.loc.us.ca.la (group): Greater Los Angeles, California, U.S.A. lugnet.loc.us (group and hierarchy): United States of America (U.S.A.). lugnet.loc.* (hierarchy): (...) (26 years ago, 28-Sep-98, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact