 Local / United States / California / Los Angeles / 21
20  |  22
Subject:
Lego Mindstorm Robotwars...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.la
Date:
Mon, 11 Jan 1999 23:35:17 GMT

A group is beginning a Robotwars style competition w/ Mindstorm Lego
Robots called:
"Lego Mindstorms Robot Arena".

Though I have to admit that the basic goals of this competition are
rather gory,
"...autonomous robotic combat...to create as violent a combat as
possible
without doing actual physical damage to the individual Lego pieces,
motors,
                             or the RCX."
But applealing none the less.

Unfortunately, the competition will be taking place in San Jose during
the Game
Developer's Conference March 15-19 1999.  Rather far from Southern
California.

Would anyone else be interested in organizing a similar competition here
in So-Cal?
I can't imagine that there wouldn't be an audience down here for
something like that.

E-mail me or continue discussion on this group and we'll see if
something comes of it.
I'm not thinking anything big or fancy or corporate.  Informal
tet-a-tet's in a round
robin manner may be fun/stimulating.

BTW, the URL of the San Jose Competition is:
http://www.azimuthmedia.com/RobotArena/

They have posted Rules that seem pretty reasonable as a starting point.

Dave Chen
dcchen@pacbell.net