 Local / United States / California / Los Angeles / 12
11  |  13
Subject:
Lego Imagination Tour non-sighting in Santa Monica
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.la
Date:
Thu, 15 Oct 1998 08:49:38 GMT

I stopped at the Santa Monica Pier on Wednesday night at 19:00 to check on
the location of the Lego Imagination Tour Truck.  It wasn't there.  Even
worse, the officer at the Santa Monica Police Station on the pier didn't
know anything about it.

But he did say that a semi-trailer would not be allowed on the structure of
the pier, which meant that the truck would likely be parked on the lower
level parking lot.  I'll check again on my way to work on Thursday morning,
but I may not be able to post anything until midnight.

Parking at the pier may be a problem.  When I was there, at night, the
parking on the pier was $4.00.  Parking under the pier was $6.00.  I do not
guarantee that these prices will be in effect during the daylight hours of
the weekend.  There does not appear to be any really close by free parking.

And people should also check the Santa Monica TRU.  It up the street
several blocks at 402 Santa Monica Blvd, up the street from the pier.  I do
not recommend visiting the Puzzle Zoo on the 3rd Street Promenade.  Their
prices are inflated.

Gary
GaryLouie@EarthLink.Net