 Local / United States / California / *444 (-20)
  RE: Next BayLUG Get-Together in August 1999

Either date is fine with me. I'd really like the August date to be in Fremont as I plan on bringing a ton of Town stuff to that meeting. For the train meeting anywhere near is fine as I just plan on bringing some cars and not a whole train setup. Of (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Next BayLUG Get-Together in August 1999

(...) Since the two hours is for members only, how do you define "member"? Is there an official registry somewhere? (I didn't see any on baylug.org) Who do I pay dues to? /Eric of Newark/ (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Next BayLUG Get-Together in August 1999

(...) So far I've heard nothing against August 14. I'm still lobbying for it. But I'm always saying things. I'd like to hear from more folks. (...) I don't know how far in advance rooms get typically booked there. But I have nothing against meeting (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.oak, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.con)

  Next BayLUG Get-Together in August 1999

Well, we have two proposed dates, both on Saturday: August 14, or August 7. I can make either date . Who wants to choose?) I've seen a couple requests for returning to Fremont, if the Fukaya Room at the main library is available. (I haven't (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.oak, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.con)

  Re: Next GTG date (was Re: BayLUG now on KTVU BayInsider website)

(...) Welcome! Be sure to check out the SF Bay Area's unofficial Lego club known as BayLUG at (URL) can stay as long or as little as you want. The last one went from 10am - 4pm or something like that. We opened to the public at 11am. -Tom McD. (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Next GTG date (was Re: BayLUG now on KTVU BayInsider website)

(...) away (...) too. (...) I'm new to LugNet, but I'm in the Bay Area. I'm interested in attending the meeting, as long as it doesn't go into the evening (I have a performance that night) Paul Sinasohn aka Singlow (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  RE: Space Themed Meeting?

I have a bunch of town stuff I'd like to bring. Some of it is modeled after the great stuff that came out in the mid-eighties and some of it is original. Janet (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Space Themed Meeting?

(...) This might start a ball rolling. Could we have a mostly space themed meeting this time? IIRC, Roger R is bringing his ships and some landing plates with at least one small base that I know of. I'll be bringing space stuff too. -Tom McD. (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Monorail Madness!

(...) If you can't find anyone closer LMK, cuz I think I could give you a ride. I live in Castro Valley. If this ride arrangement happens, could we possibly arrange a brief tour of your collection too? :) -Tom McD. (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.oak)

  Re: Next GTG date (was Re: BayLUG now on KTVU BayInsider website)

(...) I vote for Aug 14, too. /Eric of Newark/ (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Next GTG date (was Re: BayLUG now on KTVU BayInsider website)

I'd like to change my vote to Aug 14 cuz there stands a chance I might be away that weekend. I know Mark Benz has said that the 14th was better for him too. Is the Fukaya Room still open on that date? -Tom McD. (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.oak, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.con)

  Monorail Madness!

I have #6990 and #6991 and a TON of extra track and supports which I would be happy to bring to the next meet if someone can give me a ride to the proceedings! The only thing is, I'm going to need some help with the 1x4 gray plates that fasten the (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.oak)

  Re: BayLUG now on KTVU BayInsider website

(...) I would REALLY love to have the date of August be the one we stick with! I'll be going back to class a few weeks after that! Dave (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.oak, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.con)

  Re: California Lego Train Club

When I attended the Legofest put on in March, I met two other train enthusiasts, one from San Diego county and the other from Orange (If I recall correctly). Having the club based in the middle of the state is a thought but it seems to me that (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.fno)

  Re: California Lego Train Club

(...) I recommend posting a CFD-style (call for discussion) message. First step: Post a message to the lugnet groups with the 'Newsgroups' and 'Followup-To' headers set like this: Newsgroups: lugnet.trains.org,lu...et.loc.us, (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.fno)

  Re: California Lego Train Club

As you are in southern CA and others are in the North, I proposed having it based in the middle of the state. Sure, it is a drive for each set of people, but not like driving from San Diego to SF or vice versa. On another note, I am part way done (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.fno)

I would like to be part of a California Lego Train Club but as Zonker said I'm one of those who live down in San Diego. I'm more in tune toward a Southern Cal LTC. Adrian Mike Poindexter <lego@poindexter.cc> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.fno)

  Re: California Lego Train Club

Dave, I have the set of plans Ben Fleskes made up and although I hade a similar table made, I was going to make more and decided to change to Ben's design, as mine was probably overkill. (My wife has trouble lifting her half of it.) As far as making (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.fno)

  Re: California Lego Train Club

(...) Well, I know there are a few folks in the San Diego area, and a few in the SF Bay Area (maybe more than a few, but I haven't found 'em yet), and you and Carrie in the outer-reaches. I'm a big proponent of getting a train group going. To that (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.fno)

  Re: California Lego Train Club

Well, kick it around for a bit and see what comes up. Technically both of you are the same distance from BayLUG too. BTW, you don't have to live here in SF to be a BayLUG member. While getting together might be difficult, membership and contributing (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.fno)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact