 Local / United Kingdom / 9222
Re: Scottish Lego Fest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 22:14:19 GMT

Hi Yvonne,

I agree that it means alot to meet up with other adult lego enthusiasts,
especially when living in an area where there aren't really any others
(like St Andrews). I'm glad to hear that the Pirate's head now stays on,
though it was kinda fun seeing it fall off all the time. :-) Be sure to put
up some pics of the finished product. I too have sent off my form to join
the Brickish Association after David's glowing reviews. Is it worth
becoming a member of lugnet also I wonder?

See you at the next fest!

Stephen

Yvonne Doyle wrote:

Hi folks,

Well I'd like to add my thanks to David Graham and his wife and daughter
for the
great day at the legofest in Aberdour.  It was a super day and I really
enjoyed meeting everyone there .. hope I run into you all again sometime
!! It really means a lot to me to meet people who have this interest in
lego .. i will definately go along to some more legofests in future !
I also enjoyed my first ever visit to Scotland ! (am from Ireland)

It was so good to see the various MOCs .. it really sparks the imagination
... must get loads of bricks and build !! My pirate now has a grey hook
and his head is a bit more secure with a 4x4 turntable !

I also sent off my application for the Brickish Association .. after
hearing all the recommendations.

Thanks to all for a special day !
happy building

Yvonne

|   "The Universe, as has been observed before, is an unsettlingly   |
|      big place, a fact which for the sake of a quiet life most     |
|              people tend to ignore." -- Douglas Adams              |
| Dr. Stephen R. Kane                  School of Physics & Astronomy |
| http://star-www.st-and.ac.uk/~srk1/       University of St Andrews |
| Email: srk1@st-andrews.ac.uk                           North Haugh |
| Phone: +44-1334-463067                  St Andrews, Fife  KY16 9SS |
| Fax:   +44-1334-463104                                    Scotland |