 Local / United Kingdom / 9209
Re: Scottish Lego Fest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 29 Sep 2003 11:38:18 GMT

Well I think I can say ScotFest was a success. David Graham did a great job in
organizing and running the event. ( and his family for the doing the food
)...the competitions - were fun ( if a little fixed) only joking Dave, and his
idea of doing a “show and tell” worked very well, I liked the points and reasons
people had for doing their creations. Also the location for the event was
stunning, I wish I had  taken some pic’s of the views on Friday as the weather
was brilliant.

The MOCs people displayed were ALL different from one another, very varied in
style and theme.

David Graham had a train layout with his rail shed which had some real nice
touches to it.

Ed and Sian Hockaday had a “homemaker Rock Band and stage” and Santas home. both
of which brought a smile and chuckle to me.

Yvonne Doyle had a work in progress pirate figure of about 400mm high ( off with
his head)

Jennifer Clarke’s crane and excavators can only be described as... Wow!

Richard Forster-Pearson mammoth train MOC of the train he works on,  is a work
in progress  , and will be massive!  when finished.

Ian Bishop brought loads of moc’s and goodies to trade I love his air lock and
Miniland scale figs ( shame the street light wasn’t red).

David McKenzie‘s Prisoner (TV show) house was the start of a his own mini
version of the village from the series

Fiona Dickinson  had her beloved WHITE mac laptop with her with some pics of LLW
and her entry to the wheeled compo.

Scott Arthur had taken along some of his curiosities type items and some sets
also

Steven Kane displayed his “Old time” harbour front ( I hope to see more of the
modules he’s planning) and his very cool church.

Me.... well I had to take the liberator ( from Blakes7) and the Brick testament
book .

I hope I haven’t missed anyone or anything

And I think we all  agree that we  would  like to do the same type of thing next
year.