 Local / United Kingdom / 91
Re: Acquired the latest full Lego catalogue..........
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 23 Nov 1998 19:09:15 GMT

The free parking and bus that you talked about were actually part of the • Xmas
park and ride scheme, so the bus probably costed a token amount.

I will probably be using it shortly, as I will shop in Windsor sometime in
December.

I never bother asking about new kits or info as nobody ever tells you • anything
over here, not that I think anything has reached our shores yet. Dont a • good
part of europe, and some other places all get their sets shipped over from
Denmark? If so dont you think that shipping schedules hold up the arrival • of
new kits a bit more than in countries that have their own Lego factories.

I don't think it matters where in the world you are, the US will get it
first,
and in considerable advance of anyone else. Though we are often second, it
just
adds to the poor treatment we receive. High prices, bang-on-schedule
release,(never
early)......
The cheek of them offering 1857 and the newer boxes right next to each
other, with
their phenomenal price differences! At least TRU has reduced the costs on
some
of the brick boxes, but not nearly enough to justify buying them.

I was not very impressed with the prices either.

Yes, for stock, the place can't be beat, but can't be visited most of the
time,
either! Unless you are visiting the park during the tourist season, you are
apparantly only able to get in to visit the shop after 1730.....
One consolation is the offer of a refund of the difference, should it be
found
cheaper elsewhere.

Unlike yours, mine was not a wasted trip. On the way home down the A30 I • came
accross a shell station just as the petrol light came on in the car. 25
quid in

Fortunately, a Shell garage 7 miles from home has had very good stock, and
haven't
restricted the amount of sets purchased. The only problem is that the petrol
is 3p
more per litre......but it was the only one I have encountered that had the
premium
sets and Ferrari! My local one, only about a mile away, doesn't seem to mind
how
many sets are purchased, the problem being availability.......
I have been fortunate, I have all from 1-7, plus the pitstop, Ferrari, and
the
horrible girly one. Purchased in the interests of completism, the dolphin,
and
those curved base plates!

richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net               remove nospam dot
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888                  ICQ 13177071
For the best Lego news, visit:    http://www.lugnet.com/news/
Need instructions for a model?       http://www.kl.net/scans/