 Local / United Kingdom / 87
Re: Acquired the latest full Lego catalogue..........
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 23 Nov 1998 00:33:33 GMT

I was also at the Legoland widsor shop last week, and boy was I unimpressed.
The updated 1998 catalogue, and the silver keyrings by the door were the only
highlights of my stay.

The free parking and bus that you talked about were actually part of the Xmas
park and ride scheme, so the bus probably costed a token amount.

I never bother asking about new kits or info as nobody ever tells you anything
over here, not that I think anything has reached our shores yet. Dont a good
part of europe, and some other places all get their sets shipped over from
Denmark? If so dont you think that shipping schedules hold up the arrival of
new kits a bit more than in countries that have their own Lego factories.

I was not very impressed with the prices either. Pretty much everything in the
way of Kits I was interested in I had seen cheaper elsewhere, though I did pick
up a couple of the updated catalogues. The kits on special were not that
interesting either, unless you want some Legoland clothing. The shop did win on
one point though, If you want to buy kits from the current catalogue, they had
them in stock, and in decent quantities.

Unlike yours, mine was not a wasted trip. On the way home down the A30 I came
accross a shell station just as the petrol light came on in the car. 25 quid in
my pocket, so I put 20 in the car and grab 2 promo sets. When I get to the
counter the assistant, talking to himself says "20, and 2 of these," to which I
reply "no, as many as you will let me take." At this he invites me to take as
many as I like what with them having all but numbers 8, 9 and 10 in stock, and
plenty of those they did have. Unfortunately what with only 25 quid I could
only pick up 3 more kits, but he did invite me back to clear the shelves
whenever I liked. Shame I am back at warwick uni at the moment or I would have
been straight back as soon as my parents needed some more pertrol.
BTW, this shell station is on the Bracknell to Bagshot stretch of the A30, but
be prepared to hit some major roadworks towards Bagshot.