 Announcements / 104
103  |  105
Subject:
Acquired the latest full Lego catalogue..........
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sat, 21 Nov 1998 19:21:47 GMT

...........but sadly it is only an updated 1998 UK catalogue,
incorporating ZNAP. It doesn't even have Mindstorms in it
yet.
It was at Legoland Windsor, where the shop is still open
until Christmas time. Lots of adds in the Windsor area for
the shop, "Do your all of Christmas shopping at Legoland
Windsor!" Quite shrewd of them, especially as they are
offering free parking and free bus (or reduced-price, I didn't
check) trips into Windsor Town Centre for people not interested
in fighting the crowds for a parking space! The proximity of
the shop to the parking lot.....

I did ask if they had any 1999 set info, catalogues, promo
brochures, anything! But they had nothing........If anywhere
in the UK would have anything, you would have thought it to
be there.... I bought 5928 in the hope of a 1999 A4 sheet, but
again, nothing......so much for putting on the web full-size,
300dpi scans.......

What they had:
Plenty of MIS, Cybermaster, 4559 train.....
A few Western, Aquanaut, pneumatic logger and trains on a
clearance stand, where purchase of any of the sets gets you
a free UFO sweater. However, they were not on sale. Nothing
was! Prices are consistent, or slightly more than TRU. They
do offer a "refund the difference" scheme. Some sets are
cheaper than TRU, but not many. Loads of current sets, Insectoids featuring
prominently. They still have loads of 1857 950 brick value boxes, at full
price of GBP13.50, and ironically, right next to there newest brick boxes
of 848 at GBP20.00!

As there was a report of '99 sets being available in the US next week, I had
rushed
to Legoland to have a look...........all in all a waste of time.
They had telescopes on the overlook though, so you could see Mini-land.
Some of the buildings have been removed from their positions and
are in the walkways, others are covered-up. Couldn't tell, but it looks
like there might be a few new buildings.......

richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net               remove nospam dot
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888                  ICQ 13177071
For the best Lego news, visit:    http://www.lugnet.com/news/
Need instructions for a model?       http://www.kl.net/scans/