 Local / United Kingdom / 8553
  New LEGO outlet in Milton Keynes?

The feature story over at www.bzpower.com mentions that LEGO are opening a large number of retail outlets across the world: "LEGO is experimenting with opening standardized LEGO brand shops around the world, each with about 200 square meters of (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: New LEGO outlet in Milton Keynes?

(...) How does this differ from the Lego shop at Bluewater? And what happened to the one in Regent St? On another track I went toy shopping for my niece at the weekend and was shocked how cheap other brands of toys are. Lego seems very poor value (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: New LEGO outlet in Milton Keynes?

(...) I can't imagine it being anywhere other than in Centre:MK somewhere, there's quite a turnover of outlets and plenty of rubbish shops that could do with being turfed out. I'm planning to move to the MK area soon and now I have yet another (...) (22 years ago, 18-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: New LEGO outlet in Milton Keynes?

(...) I was reading about this in the LEGO website (press release section) on Tuesday, it's got more information and some pictures about the stores. Jase (22 years ago, 18-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: New LEGO outlet in Milton Keynes?

A LEGO shop in Milton Keynes? It's find hard to see that being viable. I don't know what Bluewater is like but when I lived in Milton Keynes, I saw toy shops closing in Bedford, Northampton & Aylesbury. (22 years ago, 18-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: New LEGO outlet in Milton Keynes?

(...) But MK is a regional shopping centre like Bluewater, it serves the three towns you mention as well as Luton and Dunstable and itself. Though driving for miles to go shopping is unsustainable environmentally it's clearly the way the country (...) (22 years ago, 19-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: New LEGO outlet in Milton Keynes?

MK is a bit, how shall I put it, "low rent" though, but it's location has got a lot going for it. The Bluewater shop was a bit of a disapointment, as was the shop at LLW actually. Toys R Us often have a good range in general. "David Graham" (...) (22 years ago, 19-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: New LEGO outlet in Milton Keynes?

I have just read the LEGO press release. If the shop can be exciting as it states, it could do well. When I last visited MK the shopping was exciting with the Snow Dome, The Teddy Bear Factory anbd Girl Heaven. Returning to Scotland and Dunfermline (...) (22 years ago, 21-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.uk)