 Local / United Kingdom / 8568
Re: New LEGO outlet in Milton Keynes?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 08:48:29 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, David Graham writes:
A LEGO shop in Milton Keynes? It's find hard to see that being viable.  I
don't know what Bluewater is like but when I lived in Milton Keynes, I saw
toy shops closing in Bedford, Northampton & Aylesbury.

But MK is a regional shopping centre like Bluewater, it serves the three
towns you mention as well as Luton and Dunstable and itself. Though driving
for miles to go shopping is unsustainable environmentally it's clearly the
way the country works now, note that there is a successful Entertainer
(judging by the state of the decoration millions of people must visit it!)
in Centre:MK already and the Woolies is pretty big and carries plenty of toys.