 Local / United Kingdom / 7676
Re: Lego Blueprints Query & Weetabix Promo House Instructions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 20 Jan 2002 16:37:04 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Steve Scott writes:
Has anybody seen anything resembling these Lego Blueprints before?  Although
there is no date on them I reckon that they date back to about 1960 +/- a
couple of years.

http://www.honeygram.com/legobits/scans

Also, re the recent discussion about the Weetabix sets, I have put up a
boxshot and instruction scans from the house set in case anyone wants to
have a look.  Use the link above and select "rare sets" from the menu on the
left.

If you've any spare time left, have a close look at the studs on your 45deg
inverted slope bricks :)

Cheers
SteveScott

Very impressed with the detail you have gone into on the slope bricks. We could
do with more of this kind of information for other parts - see the thread at
http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/org/ldraw/?n=1639, regarding the 2x2 round
brick, which has at least 5 versions.

The 2x2 45deg inverted slope _does_ exist with the coarse stipple. I have not
checked all my copies of this part, but of the two I found quickly, both have a
round pillar in the underside well, but are different in other respects.

Version A (red) : birthmark on end of underside pillar, thick-walled tubes
Version B (white) : birthmark on one stud, thinish walled tubes (not as thin as
the modern version), no gap between hollow studs and side walls.

If you want some help with this project (in the form of scans of these parts or
a search of my spares), email me and I'll see what I can do.

Copied and moved to lugnet.cad, as this is where these discussions seem to
congregate.

Chris
chris_w_dee@hotmail.com