 Local / United Kingdom / 7405
  Dodgy ebay sellers

Hi all, Please excuse this negative posting, but I've just about had enough of certain auctions. I mean, take this: (URL) anyone dealt with this person? Probably worth £5-6 at most, even if the condition of the bricks was vg/ex (those trans yellow (...) (23 years ago, 16-Nov-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Dodgy ebay sellers

"Mark Morgan" <coachie@excite.com> wrote in message news:GMx2FJ.HFE@lugnet.com... (...) certain (...) build up of dust on the model, "very good condition" my arse!!! What is with this guy, is he blind or something?! I agree with you Mark, it's (...) (23 years ago, 17-Nov-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Dodgy ebay sellers

(...) nothing (...) Fairly typical of a generalist eBay seller, I suspect. This is one seller that I avoid due to poor or vague descriptions/pictures. But look back at their recent completed auctions - less than 25% sold (first time). Many get (...) (23 years ago, 17-Nov-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Dodgy ebay sellers

"Mark Morgan" <coachie@excite.com> wrote in message news:GMx2FJ.HFE@lugnet.com... (...) I had an email exchange with bellapops earlier this year I pointed out that he/she had several auctions for bulk bricks running at the same time all with the (...) (23 years ago, 17-Nov-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Dodgy ebay sellers

The cost of listing on eBay is only a few pence - if the item sells you get hit for a percentage of course. To be honest selling Lego hasn't been very profitable for me - selling second-hand computer stuff has been very lucrative though. To be fair (...) (23 years ago, 17-Nov-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Dodgy ebay sellers

(...) I think there's some truth to that. It's been my experience anyway. Plus no one mentions whether they smoke or not. I'll tell you what I think is dodgy-est about him though... his exchange rate! He wants 1.6 USD to 1 sterling. This at a time (...) (23 years ago, 18-Nov-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)