 Local / United Kingdom / 7407
Re: Dodgy ebay sellers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sat, 17 Nov 2001 08:48:10 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Mark Morgan writes:
Hi all,
Please excuse this negative posting, but I've just about had enough of certain
auctions.  I mean, take this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1663865916

Has anyone dealt with this person?  Probably worth £5-6 at most, even if the
condition of the bricks was vg/ex (those trans yellow bricks look very opaque)

I read somewhere that british sellers are the worst graders - this does • nothing
for the honest sellers.

Mark

got my car back today after it broke down on the way home from SCLF!

Fairly typical of a generalist eBay seller, I suspect. This is one seller that
I avoid due to poor or vague descriptions/pictures. But look back at their
recent completed auctions - less than 25% sold (first time). Many get re-listed
multiple times.

So they are clearly overpricing everything. Unless they are stupid, one can
only assume they are making enough on what they are selling to cover their eBay
placement fees on the failed lots. I suppose sellers like these are keeping the
fees down for everyone else.

Chris