 Local / United Kingdom / 7414
Re: Dodgy ebay sellers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sun, 18 Nov 2001 15:07:45 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Mark Morgan writes:
Hi all,
Please excuse this negative posting, but I've just about had enough of certain
auctions.  I mean, take this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1663865916

Has anyone dealt with this person?  Probably worth £5-6 at most, even if the
condition of the bricks was vg/ex (those trans yellow bricks look very opaque)

I read somewhere that british sellers are the worst graders -
this does nothing for the honest sellers.

I think there's some truth to that. It's been my experience anyway. Plus no
one mentions whether they smoke or not.

I'll tell you what I think is dodgy-est about him though... his exchange rate!

He wants 1.6 USD to 1 sterling. This at a time when the rate is
1 British Pound = 1.42750 US Dollar  (from the OANDA converter site) and has
been well below 1.6 for well over a year or more.

Retail exchange is a nuisance and he certainly can ask for a bit to help,
but 17 cents on the pound is a bit much.