 Local / United Kingdom / 7024
Re: Repairing minifigs (not for the squeamish) :-)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sat, 11 Aug 2001 13:09:11 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Can replacement minifig arms be purchased anywhere and how
hard is it to remove the arms from a minfig anyway?

Minifig arms are easily replaced by the following method; (if you are
squeamish look away now)

(If you are right-handed and tackling a figs right arm) Rotate the arm
backwards until it is parallel with the 'ground', as if the fig is pointing
directly behind itself. Put your first finger on the shoulder with your
thumb resting on the figs back. Keeping the arm parallel with the ground,
force the arm outward and forward (as if the fig is moving its arm to point
forward) and it will pop out fairly easily. Sounds complex but it's a
cinch - practice on an old fig first.

The new arm is re-inserted by virtually reversing the procedure - use heavy
thumb pressure to pop it in. Most of the time the new arm will be
indistinguishable from the original, just occasionally it may be a little
loose.