 Local / United Kingdom / 6431
Re: Limited Quantities of OLD stuff available at shop at home!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Thu, 3 May 2001 15:31:48 GMT

Might I dare to suggest a non-pessimistic theory...

S@H is now the way Lego will sell items it previously sold via Service.  It
recognised the need and set up the bulk packs concept before offering all
this 'old stock' service stuff.  Once it sees the popularity of what it is
currently selling and has cleared warehouse space it will then start to sell
'new' service packs, even individual elements on S@H.  Even better for them
and for us it could set up a Just In Time ordering system where you order
what you want, they wait until they have enough orders, then do a run, send
them out and take the payment.

Have my glasses gone all pink?

Psi (needing that black early train wheel to finish my Thatcher Perkins)

P.S
Apparently (I don't know if this is still true) you can still order any car
that Lada made in their history. They still have all the pressings, it just
takes a while longer (and presumably in the new Russian economy) costs more.