 Local / United Kingdom / 6429
Re: Limited Quantities of OLD stuff available at shop at home!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Thu, 3 May 2001 15:11:21 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Jason Briscoe writes:
In lugnet.loc.uk, Huw Millington writes:

I think they have all been available before, but some are very old, like the
garage doors and large harbour/platform plates, which according to brickset
date back to around 1991 (shame they are not available!)

Huw's right, this is nothing we have not seen before, its just selling off
of old stocks, nothing more nothing less. I should have thought that the N/A
means these items have simply sold out first. I placed some orders this
afternoon and it would not let me have the quantities I required, i.e. 200
pirate packs! so its suggestive that quantities of items are limited.

   No, not really.  I spoke with some of the management
   people at the S@H Europe phone bank today.  As of 25
   minutes ago, there were 530 5058 packs left--it's a
   matter of discretion whether they sell a lot to any
   one person, and the website is intended to limit quantities
   one can order anonymously.

   Regarding the NA, though, *call up and ask*.  It sounds
   obvious, but I was able to get four 5200s (which have
   been listed as NA) just now.  What's more, some things
   have "become" available; I ordered a dozen garage door
   assemblies.

I thinks that Lego has obviously sorted out all the service items that were
sent back from all the european centres like wrexham. So its buy while you
can, some very nice items to be had I must say. Just as well we've saved
those old service leaflets eh? looks like at least three diferent pirate
packs and cannons to be had, as well as the nice 54 piece technic crawler
tracks! many other goodies too.

   Oh my, yes.

   best

   LFB