 Local / United Kingdom / 6371
Re: UK J-Boxes (was: So What)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 15:32:34 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Jason J. Railton writes:
In lugnet.loc.uk, Steve Burge writes: • RE: J-Boxes
I'll catalogue the contents of the box and post it on my site.  If anyone
wants anything off the list, let me know and I'll send it.  But, this is on
two conditions:

1. You also get some similar (or even random) tat from the box too, so I can
get rid of it all.

2. I get to pick stuff out first, because I'll be paying postage (UK only,
second class).

3. No-one starts another of these.  If you want to trade Lego, come to a
Fest, or post here.  You'll never get exactly what you want from the box anyway.

Seems like three conditions? but anyway I'm sure we get the idea.

Does anyone have any better ideas?  Or objections?  I'm sure the idea was a
noble one originally, with people donating parts to fill it in the first
instance, but I think the swapping has reduced the overall value quite a bit.

Well when the first box started over a year ago, it was pretty good, and I'm
sure I'm not theonly one that got something useful out of the box.

Therefore I vote to continue, maybe with uniform agreement? I quite like
Huw's idea of a new parts only box? Hands up if you in for that one? in
addition perhaps a weight limit needs to be applied as clearly the box has
mushroomed and quality plumeted?

Other ideas folks?

Jason