 Local / United Kingdom / 6372
Re: UK J-Boxes (was: So What)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 15:46:06 GMT

"Jason Briscoe" <jason-shirley@briscoej.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
news:GCM36A.KxB@lugnet.com...

Therefore I vote to continue, maybe with uniform agreement? I quite like
Huw's idea of a new parts only box? Hands up if you in for that one? in
addition perhaps a weight limit needs to be applied as clearly the box has
mushroomed and quality plumeted?

Other ideas folks?

I thought Steve Burge's idea (expressed at the fest) of a constant weight
j-box was a good idea.
i.e. the box always weighs one kilo - if you take something out, then you
have to replace it with the same weight (lead shot not permitted)
this way you know that it is always being replenished (though possibly with
junk), and everyone also knows precisely in advance what the postage is
going to involve.

regards
lawrence