 Local / United Kingdom / 6349
  Thanks for a fantastic day Jason!

What can I say, -excellent venue with loads of space -fantastic models and the best layout we have yet put together -great catering -and the best crowd of AFOL's you could hope to meet :-) Thanks again. I should have some pictures up tomorrow. Huw (23 years ago, 28-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Thanks for a fantastic day Jason!

That goes for me too, well done on organising such a great day. Thanks Psi (23 years ago, 28-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Thanks for a fantastic day Jason!

(...) <aol> me too :-) </aol> Seriously though, had a great time, got a chance to put some faces to names and hopefully got some great pictures. They should be up in a few days. I'll post a URL and request for captions when they're ready. Till the (...) (23 years ago, 28-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Thanks for a fantastic day Jason!

Agreed, a great day specially for a newcomer like myself. I've got loads of ideas now, just wish I'd bought more parts as it's going to be an expensive visit to lego.com....... Thanks again, and hopefully you made the paper. Mark (23 years ago, 29-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  First Pics! (was Thanks for a fantastic day Jason!)

(...) Aww, you guys! Well, thanks to everyone for coming. I've got my pictures up at the same address as before: (URL) No thumbnails - I didn't get that many decent pictures. Once someone with a flashier camera gets theirs up, I'll add links at the (...) (23 years ago, 29-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: First Pics! (was Thanks for a fantastic day Jason!)

"Jason J. Railton" <j.j.railton@cwcom.net> wrote in message news:GCK03u.C0A@lugnet.com... (...) They were great, but next time put our names on them, there were so many new faces :-) My pics should be up on a hour or two. Huw (23 years ago, 29-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: First Pics! (was Thanks for a fantastic day Jason!)

In lugnet.loc.uk, Huw Millington writes: Badges, we don't need no Stin-kin badges. Or maybe we do (...) I agree Steve (23 years ago, 29-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  More Pics! (was Thanks for a fantastic day Jason!)

Here are mine: (URL) (23 years ago, 29-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Thanks for a fantastic day Jason!

Please add our thanks to Jason's effort in making a superb day for us new commers. We thought we may be the youngest and oldest Lego fans at the fest but were proved wrong. It was really nice to see so many people of all ages enjoying the fun. (...) (23 years ago, 29-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: First Pics! (was Thanks for a fantastic day Jason!)

(...) Yes, for 50. (...) I thought of doing that, but I had to do them well in advance - I don't have my own badge machine. And, there were 50 of them. Doing them all with names on is not something you want to be doing to a deadline, particularly (...) (23 years ago, 30-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: First Pics! (was Thanks for a fantastic day Jason!)

(...) I'd just like to echo, thanks for a fantastic day Jason. Personally, I thought the UKAFOL badges were great, I'm keeping mine and wearin' it with pride. Maybe next time (yes, we are all hinting we'd like another one!) you could hand out blank (...) (23 years ago, 30-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Thanks for a fantastic day Jason!

Hi to all, This was my first Fest and it was great. I was expecting to see lots of MOC, but not as much as it was. I was also happy to see lots of all Space classics. I was a little bit lost at the beginning of the day as everyone seemed to know (...) (23 years ago, 30-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: First Pics! (was Thanks for a fantastic day Jason!)

I would also like to say thanks to Jason for a great day, and I also think that the badges were a great idea. For future reference I do own a badge machine, something no teacher should be without, so if you want badges with your names on to wear at (...) (23 years ago, 30-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Thanks for a fantastic day Jason!

Looks like you folks had a truly great day, clearly the best fest yet by the looks. Great venue as well, sorry I couldn't make it. Particularly liked the micro SW creations, the block of yellow flats. Lawrence's station with the curved roof is great (...) (23 years ago, 30-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Thanks for a fantastic day Jason!

(...) Inverted bevels? You mean the inverted slopes? I don't know about Huw's, but my two use 4x2 long slopes from Naboo Fighters, held upside down by my (in)famous perfect SNOT. Jason J Railton (23 years ago, 30-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Thanks for a fantastic day Jason!

(...) "Vitrine" means window (almost always a shop front), though I think that in this case it means display cabinet. I looked it up in an online dictionary and got: (...) Number 2 means display cabinet :) Ben (23 years ago, 1-May-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Thanks for a fantastic day Jason!

Oups, sorry, I really thought it was a english word :-( (...) Thanks Ben, that's exactly what I wanted to say. Answer to Ian : I did not come from France, but from London where I live. Gael (23 years ago, 1-May-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)