 Local / United Kingdom / 6307
Re: SCLF wants!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 10:25:56 GMT

YES. Given their appeal (at least financially) it is always nice to see a
large collection of Metroliners (what is the collective term for trains?)

A set of coaches ready for a loco but with no loco attached is called a
'rake'.  When you add a loco it becomes a 'train'. (A loco is never to be
called a train!)

In modern multiple units a collection of many trains is called a fleet where
they are of a similar design and are used to provide one service for an
operator.

If it's just a collection of random different trains of mixed types there is
no collective term that I know of.

Psi

By the way.  I second Lawrence's 'bigging up' of Jason.  Can't wait for
Saturday.  I've never met any of you and I already feel like you are
friends, cheers.