 Local / United Kingdom / 5872
Re: South Coast Lego Fest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 20:52:34 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Huw Millington writes:
What date is it?

Huw

Oh yeah, sorry.  Cutting and pasting, I left that out.  It's on Saturday
28th April, 10 till 6 pm.  I thought if anyone's still around on Sunday we
could go up to Legoland too.

I could put about 4 up at my place the night before or after, though it
would be tight as it's only a single bedroom flat.  I'll put links to local
B&Bs and hotels when I get a web page together.

In lugnet.loc.uk, Caroline Lee writes:
Is the Hovercraft landing place still open?? :-))

Well, you can use the ramp at Daedalus if you want.  Actually, let the port
authority know if you're bringing a carrier in, as the Solent might need
dredging again :)  You can get a hovercraft from the Isle of Wight to
Southsea too, then head round to the Gosport Ferry.  Also Ferries from Ryde
Pier on the Isle of Wight come in to Portsmouth right by the Gosport Ferry.
Ferries from Cherbourg into Portsmouth, then taxi to the Gosport Ferry.
Longboats - nearest you can get is the Kennet & Avon canal to Newbury, which
puts you by the A34.  Gliders can land and tow-launch again at the Daedalus
airstrip (try to bring some lightweight Lego models, or get a 2-seater), and
I'll bet submarines are sneaking into the harbour all the time...  Buses,
lorries, vans as per car directions.  Learner drivers, cyclists, gypsy
caravans, horses, hikers, runners, skateboarders, roller bladers, electric
milk floats and Sinclair C5s use the A3, A27 and A32 to avoid motorways.

In lugnet.loc.uk, Peter Simpson writes:
Depending on the date, I would also like to attend. Any room for a 12volt
layout? Do we need to bring tables?

Plenty of room.  It's a Fort!  It's huge!  Seriously, we can spread out
quite a bit.  There'll only be a few tables though, so if you can bring more
then all the better.  If anyone's got a collapsible picnic table or pasting
table that they can bring, please do.  We'll be alright for chairs though,
I'm told.

Jason J Railton.