 Local / United Kingdom / 5871
Re: South Coast Lego Fest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 19:54:01 GMT

Depending on the date, I would also like to attend. Any room for a 12volt
layout? Do we need to bring tables?

Peter
sterling@interalpha.co.uk

Jason J. Railton <j.j.railton@cwcom.net> wrote in message
Okay, it's not just 'proposed' anymore - I'm going ahead with it.  I've • had
a look around the rooms that they've said we can use, and there's plenty • of
room.  It's actually in the outer wall of the Fort, so we can be in either
the carpeted classrooms just off the courtyard, or the gunners rooms • behind
them on the outer edge of the wall.  There's strip lighting and power for
running trains.

Price will be £4-00, including entry to the Fort (an English Heritage • site).
Unfortunately I can't give the usual discounts to English Heritage members
because I still have to pay the same fee for the room (£50).  But, please
bring friends and family.  These will be charged simply the Fort entry • fees
of £2-10 adults, £1-10 children.

But, in the best tradition of LetsBuyIt.com, the price will come down the
more people can make it.  I'll start laying on food and drink for lunch • too.
So, the more people you can persuade to come, the better the lunch.  We're
currently looking at processed ham sandwiches - let's see if we can push
that right up to salmon & cucumber rolls :)

I'll try and sort out some UKAFOL badges or passes in advance, and leave a
name list to get you all in.  I'll put up further details on a web page • soon.

Fort Brockhurst is between Fareham and Gosport, between a pair of
roundabouts, on the West side of Portsmouth Harbour.  You can see it on • most
AA road maps.  My place is down near the harbour in Gosport, on Kensington • Road.

Trains to Fareham, or Portsmouth Harbour then by foot ferry across to
Gosport.  Southampton has an airport, but it'd probably be easier to fly
budget to Heathrow then get a train.  By yacht?  Moor in Haslar Marina and
row round to the end of Kensington Road.  Anything else?  The nearest
helipad is in Haslar Hospital, and there's an airstrip at Daedalus...

I'll put detailed maps up too nearer the time.  So, I've got 8 names • already
- who's next?

Jason J Railton.