 Local / United Kingdom / 5821
Re: Proposed South Coast LEGO Fest (SCLF)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 22:08:03 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Jason J. Railton writes:
In lugnet.loc.uk, Jason J. Railton writes:
In lugnet.loc.uk, Lawrence Wilkes writes:
Now we have the Cheshire Fest scheduled for March, what plans do other folks
have to hold any meetings?

I'm currently looking around for a venue in the Gosport area.  I'm afraid
that my one-bedroom flat isn't big enough to host much of a show, so I'll
have to hire somewhere.

Well, I've had a look around, and I've provisionally got a place for
Saturday 28th April.  You castle nuts are going to love it - it's got it's
own moat - Fort Brockhurst:

http://www.leisurehunt.com/info/fortbr.htm

They don't want a lot for a room, and if we're paying for the room the entry
fee might well be waived.  You'll be able to look around too, so you could
bring the family.  Visitor numbers are usually quite low, so there's no need
to worry about gatecrashers.

I haven't seen the room in person yet, but it's in the conservation
exhibition centre.  I think that's the block in the yard near the top of
that picture.  I'll try and arrange to have a look at it sometime soon - but
it's not open to the public until after Easter.

It's not available the weekend before or after the 28th, because of special
heritage exhibitions - but I could put it back a few weeks if not many folk
can make it then.

So, who can make it down here for one of those weekends?  I just want a
rough idea of numbers at the moment, and which weekend is best for everyone.
Also let me know if you think it's too soon after Tony's, because I can
always put it off a bit longer - nothing's booked yet.

Well, I intend to go ahead with this now.  I've had a few replies so far -
anyone else interested?

Jason J Railton.

Count me as a highly probable for 28 Apr - Chris