 Local / United Kingdom / 5226
Re: UK Lego Train fans - Lets Get Serious
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 22:59:38 GMT

"Huw Millington" <hmillington@cix.co.uk> wrote in message

Do you know if any of the US LTC clubs have standards for interconnecting
each other's sections? If so, we could adopt those and plan a sectional
layout before we actually met.

Yes I have seen some references, but not sure where
But it cant be too hard

We can use track designer to get the basic rail layout and roads
Major buildings on 48 stud plates
Just build it on a grid basis really
So you could say "here you are Huw, heres a 4x2 48stud area on which to
build a goods and repair yard. The rail will enter here and leave there"

4. engine sheds (a la Huw's model)

Although I always had it in mind to be a wagon repair shop, my building
would be equally suitable for a small loco shed, and in fact I took some
photos of it being just that. I'll post them sometime.

Build 2! One of each. and a signal box.

I'd also like to see some decent passenger trains now that bulk windows • and
doors are available. I have scrapped my metroliner and will be building • some
loco-hauled stock, probably still in ML livery. If we all did something
similar, we could get a decent length train going.

Have you asked lego if they are selling the bulk train doors and windows in
the UK?

regards
lawrence