 Local / United Kingdom / 5224
Re: UK Lego Train fans - Lets Get Serious
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 19:41:13 GMT

"lawrence wilkes" <lawrence@thewilkesfamily.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
message news:G51u5s.8qD@lugnet.com...
Some of you might have noticed Huw's splendid Wagon Repair Shed.
If not, it is at • http://www2.pncl.co.uk/~huw/lego/moc/trains/wrs/index.html

Hats off to Huw for a mighty fine model.

Now lets start preparing for a SERIOUS UK Train Layout in 2001.

Not just a circle of track for trains to run round, but a layout, with
buildings, etc
Not just a couple of items scattered around the floor, but something a bit
more cohesive.

Fantastic idea. I'm up for it.

Do you know if any of the US LTC clubs have standards for interconnecting
each other's sections? If so, we could adopt those and plan a sectional
layout before we actually met.

I have my Metro Terminus and Metro Station Plus.
I am working on making a town square around the Terminus.

Some things that seem common to layouts include
1. a goods yard

I've been round enough of them, I can probably rustle something up.

2. modern freight terminal

4. engine sheds (a la Huw's model)

Although I always had it in mind to be a wagon repair shop, my building
would be equally suitable for a small loco shed, and in fact I took some
photos of it being just that. I'll post them sometime.

I'd also like to see some decent passenger trains now that bulk windows and
doors are available. I have scrapped my metroliner and will be building some
loco-hauled stock, probably still in ML livery. If we all did something
similar, we could get a decent length train going.

Huw