 Local / United Kingdom / 5222
5221  |  5223
Subject:
UK Lego Train fans - Lets Get Serious
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 15:12:26 GMT

Some of you might have noticed Huw's splendid Wagon Repair Shed.
If not, it is at http://www2.pncl.co.uk/~huw/lego/moc/trains/wrs/index.html

Hats off to Huw for a mighty fine model.

Now lets start preparing for a SERIOUS UK Train Layout in 2001.

Not just a circle of track for trains to run round, but a layout, with
buildings, etc
Not just a couple of items scattered around the floor, but something a bit
more cohesive.

I have my Metro Terminus and Metro Station Plus.
I am working on making a town square around the Terminus.

Some things that seem common to layouts include
1. a goods yard
2. modern freight terminal
3. a steam era area
4. engine sheds (a la Huw's model)
5. big bridges
6. More large town buildings (fit around Metro Terminus)
7. A suburban area

What other contributions are there?
Any volunteers?

regards