 Local / United Kingdom / 5060
Re: PAYPALS Goes International!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 22:00:05 GMT

In lugnet.general, Scott Arthur writes:
I had a look over it this morning, there appears to be a limit of $500 over
six months. This is pretty low when you think about it. Also, I have heard
that, although payment is "instant", they can take up to 90 days to check
the transaction is problem free:

from alt.marketing.online.ebay
"I believe that credit card users always have 90 days from the date of a
statement to contest a charge.  If they assert that they did not make the
charge -- that it was made fradulently by someone else using the credit card
number without permission -- the bank will charge it back against the
merchant.  Guess what?  That's you."

If you go to the same NG, you will see that paypal is full of alleged • problems.

I'm still undecided.

Dunno about PayPal, but I've used BidPay for several transactions now, and had
no problems. Its fast, and a lot easier than snail-mail alternatives. Maybe a
bit more expensive than PayPal (havent checked the PayPal charges yet), but it
works well.

ROSCO