 Local / United Kingdom / 4996
Re: Shop report - Toy Stack, Lakeside, Thurrock, Essex
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sun, 29 Oct 2000 19:26:51 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Huw Millington writes:

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message

I was just at the Toy Stack at Bluewater mall, east of London and
they have many (all, I think) of the same items. Between Huw
Millington, myself, and LFB we took out 11 6543's but they
still have more, lots more. We got all the 6856's though.

I asked the shop manager for a discount and he gave us 20% off the total.

I have experienced Larry's buying power first hand :-)

That was a relatively small foray. ("small potatoes", as we say) I once (at
Potomac Mills) bought so much that it took 6 large cartons to ship it all to
me, and that was all just one particular set (the future car).

However, you must admit, it's a thing of beauty to watch, eh?

++Lar