 Local / United Kingdom / 4995
Re: Where can I get a Technic Space Shuttle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sun, 29 Oct 2000 19:20:16 GMT

mike mcfarlane wrote:

Hi All

I am trying to track down the Space Shuttle (Technic 8480). It's a couple of
years old now I think, but is meant to be a superb model. Does anyone know
where I can get one in the UK (or on the net with UK delivery)? (Preferably
at a discount price - I'm Scottish so I've got to try.)

Got mine in Toy Stack Bluewater for 49.99 back in June this year.  Left
one on the shelf and am now regretting it.  You may want to phone round
all their other stores.  (I'm Welsh, and could teach you Scots a thing
or two about thrift;-) )

Thanks in advance.

Mike

PS I picked up a 8462 Recovery truck at the Nottingham TRU at the w/e for
39.99. Good deal. I know this is old news, but I also pleaded dumb and asked
about the unique minifig that they are giving away with some Star Wars sets
at the mo. Well, I'm now the proud owner of a Chewbacka and 2 Scouts. It
just goes to show it doesn't hurt to ask. ;-)

Got two 8462s myself, and found that my local TRU are giving away the
Siths with the SW sets.

I hope you also used the £3 off voucher when spending £20 on lego
products!
You could get a Gungan Sub £19.49, roboriders wheels [1] £0.99 + free
Darth Vader, less £3 voucher [2] discount = £17.48!!!

Now see what I mean about tight Welshmen.

Mark

[1] cheapest set in the store!
[2] voucher is in current catalogue - hurry ends 4/11/00.  There is also
a £2 off £10 spend on SW products - didn't have the heart to try it on
with SW lego!