 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 8712
Re: Where can I get a Technic Space Shuttle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 10:49:14 GMT

FUT lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade

In lugnet.loc.uk, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.loc.uk, Mark Morgan writes:
mike mcfarlane wrote:
I am trying to track down the Space Shuttle (Technic 8480). It's a couple
of years old now I think, but is meant to be a superb model. Does anyone
know where I can get one in the UK (or on the net with UK delivery)?
(Preferably at a discount price - I'm Scottish so I've got to try.)

Got mine in Toy Stack Bluewater for 49.99 back in June this year.  Left
one on the shelf and am now regretting it.  You may want to phone round
all their other stores.  (I'm Welsh, and could teach you Scots a thing
or two about thrift;-) )

Mike & Mark,
I'm not sure about details, but 7 people here

  http://guide.lugnet.com/set/8480

have said they'd like to sell the set -- with one person having 5 copies to
sell.

That being me. (5 of at least 15 that I have)

The "I want to sell copies of a set" feature of the guide has mostly
generated mail to me asking what I want for a set, followed by a flurry of
"gee that's too much" mail, but no actual sales. Without the ability to post
more info (like an asking price), it's not that useful to sellers yet. I'm
thinking of reviewing all my entries and removing them, as the mail I get is
more trouble than it's worth.

Buyers who want this (or any particular set) are better served to use
BrickBay and put it in their wanted list, at least for now. Maybe when
Lugnet catches up to BrickBay functionality in this area it will be
different, but BrickBay is way ahead, at least for now.

FWIW I got my copies from ZB at the recent sale price. But I want to get
about what Rob Doucette is asking for his, which is a pretty healthy markup.
But the set is worth that in individual parts so I shan't discount it.

++Lar