 Local / United Kingdom / 4520
Re: Problem (was Re: Velux promotional set (1854) buying)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 10:03:07 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Jonathan Reynolds writes:
In lugnet.loc.uk, Simon Denscombe writes:
In lugnet.loc.uk, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Yep. I acquired a taste for Newkie a few years back when I was on a project
with a chap from Newcastle. I know some in the UK don't consider it a proper
beer but I'm a wus and find Guinness a bit too strong for my palate.

"They" (that is yer man in the street" often say that Guiness made (and
consumed) in Ireland has a special taste to it.

I am pretty sure this is a myth. Like any mass produced global brand, success
is guaranteed by consistency. I have drunk the black stuff across the world -
and it tastes just the same all over to me.

That said, I'm still convinced the pouring palaver is nothing more than a
marketing exercise.

Scott A