 Local / United Kingdom / 4518
Re: Problem (was Re: Velux promotional set (1854) buying)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 08:38:31 GMT

"Jonathan Reynolds" <scorch@tinyworld.co.uk> wrote in message

Apparently, the Liffey water is mixed into a large vat and once the • Guinness
is brewed, it is stood for a while in an adjacent vat before being • bottled. In
this vat there is the carcass of a cow, rotting away slowly. Though this
sounds disgusting, the Guiness actually acts as a preservative and the • bits
are filtered out further down the process line.

The story I've heard through my in-laws (big in the South Wales alcohol
industry in as much as they own a chain of free houses and have what is
generally accepted as being the best pint of Guinness in the Valleys) is
that there's various bits of fish heads and all sorts in the vats. It sounds
like urban myths to me... but knowing the potency of Guinness, there's got
to be something unsavoury in there!

I'll be happy sticking to my Stella. Water, Hops, Malt, Yeast. And given
these brewers, stinging nettles, a volcano and the body of Elvis*.

Steve

*An obvious lie