 Local / United Kingdom / 4184
Re: Thames Valley Lego Fest
Newsgroups:
Date:
Sat, 24 Jun 2000 21:32:09 GMT

Regards,

Jason
----- Original Message -----
From: lawrence wilkes <lawrence_wilkes@msn.com>
To: <>
Sent: Sunday, June 18, 2000 10:40 AM
Subject: Re: Thames Valley Lego Fest

In lugnet.loc.uk, Alan Kershaw writes:

2. What about Castle? Havent seen a good castle display at a UK fest • yet.

CHEEK !!
There was a good display of castles at Redditch and a moderate one at
Southport

Sorry.

I remember seeing a few castles at Redditch, but didnt go to Southport.

I suppose I need to qualify my definition of goodness.
Things I like to see would be
1. MOCS
2. Diaramas, which could be constructed from sets or mocs.

So a good castle display to me would be something like a nicely staged • battle
scene, or a large MOC castle.

I suppose at fests I would like to see something that is difficult, ney
impossible, for the average lego collector to stage at home, such as a • whole
armada of pirate ships, or whole armies of knights in battle, etc

But thats my personal preference.

regards
lawrence