 Local / United Kingdom / 4126
Re: Thames Valley Lego Fest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sun, 18 Jun 2000 09:40:14 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Alan Kershaw writes:

2. What about Castle? Havent seen a good castle display at a UK fest yet.

CHEEK !!
There was a good display of castles at Redditch and a moderate one at
Southport

Sorry.

I remember seeing a few castles at Redditch, but didnt go to Southport.

I suppose I need to qualify my definition of goodness.
Things I like to see would be
1. MOCS
2. Diaramas, which could be constructed from sets or mocs.

So a good castle display to me would be something like a nicely staged battle
scene, or a large MOC castle.

I suppose at fests I would like to see something that is difficult, ney
impossible, for the average lego collector to stage at home, such as a whole
armada of pirate ships, or whole armies of knights in battle, etc

But thats my personal preference.

regards
lawrence