 Local / United Kingdom / 3738
Re: Euro shopping idea update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Fri, 28 Apr 2000 19:27:32 GMT

Lawrence writes:
I had similar thoughts.
How would you keep everyone happy if there was only 2 metroliners (draw • some
straws?)

Have you considered phoning them to find out stock levels first?
Have you considered phoning them to see if they would ship - save a lot of
time!
Have you considered going by yourself, or just a smaller party, but funded • by
a wider group along with a list of their wants and just buying everything • of
interest in sight and filling the list, then splitting up on return.

Have you considered going sooner? What if the good stuff has disappeared • by
the summer? Long way to go to find out.

Yes I have thought about going myself and it would work out too expensive,
Road tolls aprox 20 quid, + eurotunnel crossing 50 quid,+ diesel 40 quid!

Hence needing a car load of us!

RE: phoning them, well I could if I had there number but i don't, plus I
don't speak french.

Lastly the stuff may sell? but thats a risk we have to take, plus I am
suggesting we visit other shops if we can find them, to try to maximise on
the day? Plus there is always a chance to get afew bottle of wine if we have
time or any money left?

Finally, it would be much more fun to go as a group, and could test our
continental map reading skills for possible future eurofests!

Regards,

Jason