 Local / United Kingdom / 3703
Re: Euro shopping idea update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2000 16:20:07 GMT

I'd guess that most (potential) attendees would like a Metroliner, but there
probably won't be enough to go round. I see no _fair_ way to split them out,
but as a suggestion, draw people's names from a hat...? and only include
names where prospective buyers want the set or its parts for their
collection, and NOT for resale? Perhaps the lucky buyer of a Metroliner
should not be entered in the draw for a Club Car if there's the same sort of
shortage? dunno...

Just [some ideas] Jono .oO ;-)

BTW: I'm sure that some of you have a greater need than me ;-) - count me
_out_ if it'll help with space on your 'bus'! Anyway, it means I won't spend
money I don't have! (all I ask is that you think of me while you're
there!!!)

----

Jason Briscoe <jason-shirley@briscoej.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
Hi all,

there seems to be a lot of interest in this, and as Huw has already pointed
out to me some of us will be disappointed! To clarify the shop was not full
of metroliners two were just about visible through the shop window. I don't
know how much they were but a guestimate is around 800-900F approx. £80-90.
the shop did not look liked it discounted hence its stock.

Classic space sets were seen, (not 928's newer classic type sets) I could
also see older pirate sets, castle etc. I could only see half the display as
the other half faced inwards, yet I could see several silver boxes,
distinctive of train stuff.

This was only one shop and I think I passed another in a village not to far
away. i would suggest that there must be more shops like this, ideally we
need a French yellow pages, and perhaps some idea of a route.

With regard to dates, in reality, I think we are looking at July, rather
than late June some time after 22? what do people feel and I think we'll
have to go with the flow for a Saturday or weekday?

With regard to the actual address of this shop, well I don't exactly know, I
know the town (well I think I do) but if we give too much away then we could
could get guzumped ourselves, as it is a 150Km radius of Calais, narrows it
down!!!!

So far, those that have expressed an interest are, Huw Millngton, Jon
Hayward, Lawrence Wilkes, Ian Bishop, Carbon 60, Michael Edwards, someone
form Southampton (sorry) and probably a few others who I can't recall right
now, so theres another problem, I can only take six people, (7 including
me), on the way back things may be a bit crowded, i.e.Lego on laps, on roof
rack etc but it does keep costs to the minimum. The fewer people the more
expensive it is!

Thanks for all those that have replied so far, I too think that this is a
novel idea, and we need to set out a few ground rules, like who gets what,
and what the ground rules are RE: profiteering?

Regards,

Jason

--
MIME ATTACHMENTS DISCARDED: