 Local / United Kingdom / 3702
Re: Euro shopping idea update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2000 15:53:41 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Jason Briscoe writes:
Hi all,

there seems to be a lot of interest in this, and as Huw has already =
pointed out to me some of us will be disappointed! To clarify the shop =
was not full of metroliners two were just about visible through the shop =
window. I don't know how much they were but a guestimate is around =
800-900F approx. =A380-90. the shop did not look liked it discounted =
hence its stock.

Thanks for all those that have replied so far, I too think that this is =
a novel idea, and we need to set out a few ground rules, like who gets =
what, and what the ground rules are RE: profiteering?

I had similar thoughts.
How would you keep everyone happy if there was only 2 metroliners (draw some
straws?)

Have you considered phoning them to find out stock levels first?
Have you considered phoning them to see if they would ship - save a lot of
time!
Have you considered going by yourself, or just a smaller party, but funded by
a wider group along with a list of their wants and just buying everything of
interest in sight and filling the list, then splitting up on return.

Have you considered going sooner? What if the good stuff has disappeared by
the summer? Long way to go to find out.

regards
lawrence