 Local / United Kingdom / 3727
Re: Beatties in trouble?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 16:33:31 GMT

It looks like Argos/TRU has claimed another victim.

This will be pretty bad for me if the remaining Beatties close - it will
just leave Index, Argos and Woolies around here, and Woolies have next
to nothing.

I rarely bought anything in Beatties due to the top-dollar prices, but
they always had a better selection than elsewhere. A lesson about
retailing in there somewhere I guess.

This represents the loss of a pretty sizeable outlet for TLG - I wonder
what kind of message that sends them?

Ian Bishop, Ayrshire, UK