 Local / United Kingdom / 3668
3667  |  3669
Subject:
Beatties in trouble?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 14:52:45 GMT

I heard from a Beatties employee yesterday that all the Beatties shops
in Scotland have been sold off. I heard from someone else that this was
to Hamleys?? Seems unlikely, but who knows.

The Beatties guy also said that the English shops were not yet sold, but
were heading for closure unless profits / sales improved. Anyone else
heard anything?

Ian Bishop, Ayrshire, UK