 Local / United Kingdom / 3671
Re: Beatties in trouble?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 19:54:26 GMT

Ian Bishop <ian@goodlife.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
news:fYy+IKA9mx$4Ewzu@goodlife.demon.co.uk...

I heard from a Beatties employee yesterday that all the Beatties shops
in Scotland have been sold off. I heard from someone else that this was
to Hamleys?? Seems unlikely, but who knows.

The Beatties guy also said that the English shops were not yet sold, but
were heading for closure unless profits / sales improved. Anyone else
heard anything?

I hpe not, but I wondered about them myself. The Crawley branch is virtually
empty - no software, hardly any LEGO, and acres of empty shelves and floor
space.

Still they had a CyberMaster in for 100 GBP, which is pretty good. Perhaps I
should offer them 70 under the circumstances.

Huw