 Local / United Kingdom / 354
Re: Success! (Argos). No success, TRU
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 17:15:34 GMT

While we're talking about Argos, I notice that the 1857 bulk brick box has
disappeared from their new catalogue (as well as from the Lego catalogue). • I
haven't seen this box in shops for a while now... is it still available
anywhere? I wish I'd bought a couple more while I still had the chance.. • the
new 'Basic' line is a bit overpriced I think.

The last place I saw one was in the Early Learning Centre - they had them in
Cardiff and Gloucester just after Christmas, but I have to confess I've not
gone in since then, so whether they still have them is beyond me.

Shame if they've gone - UK brick prices are *way* higher than they ought to
be with the Basic boxes of bricks, and the 1857 was ace. Kickstarted my
collection last year!

Steve

Llegogogoch-
http://mis.fortunecity.com/lego/