 Local / United Kingdom / 344
Re: Success! (Argos). No success, TRU
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sat, 20 Feb 1999 18:51:31 GMT

I got an 8462 truck today from Argos for £32.45. It seems to be ex-display
.. it was sealed up with masking tape and the tape holding down the
cardboard bit with the cellophane panels was already opened. I mentioned
that to the assistant and she said that if there were any pieces missing, I
could take it back within 16 days. I can't tell yet whether there are any
bricks missing, but there don't seem to be any stickers for the number
plates and the air tanks - but I'm not taking it back to the shop just for
that. Also, there isn't the usual service catalogue and set catalogue that
you normally find in big Technic sets.

The Entertainer in Southampton still has this set for £75 and I think
Beatties still has it for about £65.

While we're talking about Argos, I notice that the 1857 bulk brick box has
disappeared from their new catalogue (as well as from the Lego catalogue). I
haven't seen this box in shops for a while now... is it still available
anywhere? I wish I'd bought a couple more while I still had the chance.. the
new 'Basic' line is a bit overpriced I think.

Colin
numbersix@freshfroot.freeserve.co.uk

Richard Dee wrote in message ...
Despite my experiences at Argos with the 8462 at 44 pounds,
checked again anyway, as they are now at 33? pounds.
I went to the one in Uxbridge, and they had 2 in stock. The
1st one they brought out had never been opened, and all the
parts were still in the little baggies. Surprisingly only
bought the one. (Why buy one at full when you can get 2 at
the same??)