 Local / United Kingdom / 347
Re: Success! (Argos). No success, TRU
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sun, 21 Feb 1999 07:42:51 GMT

On Sat, 20 Feb 1999 18:51:31 GMT, Col uttered the following profundities...
I got an 8462 truck today from Argos for £32.45. It seems to be ex-display
.. it was sealed up with masking tape and the tape holding down the
cardboard bit with the cellophane panels was already opened. I mentioned
that to the assistant and she said that if there were any pieces missing, I
could take it back within 16 days. I can't tell yet whether there are any
bricks missing, but there don't seem to be any stickers for the number
plates and the air tanks -

The 1st one I had nearly bought was the same, and as such refused to purchase
it. Good that I had done so, considering they lowered the price further.
Mine I purchased today was completely new.

The Entertainer in Southampton still has this set for £75 and I think
Beatties still has it for about £65.

Same at mine.
While we're talking about Argos, I notice that the 1857 bulk brick box has
disappeared from their new catalogue (as well as from the Lego catalogue). I
haven't seen this box in shops for a while now... is it still available
anywhere? I wish I'd bought a couple more while I still had the chance.. the
new 'Basic' line is a bit overpriced I think.

I haven't seen the 1857 for a while yet, either. Nor had Argos
deeply discounted that set, to my knowledge. Does anyone still
have the stock number to hand? It might be worth inquiring if
they have it, and at what cost.
I do know they had dozens of them at Legoland, next to the
much more expensive new boxes of bricks. 848 bricks for 25
quid?!?!?!?! 1857 was 13.45 for 950!! Twice the price for
102 fewer bricks.
richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net               remove nospam dot
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
Includes scans of the Dacta section of the Commotions cat!!!!
A UK supplier of Dacta.          Prices don't include VAT!!!!
ICQ 13177071                  AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888
For the best Lego news, visit:    http://www.lugnet.com/news/
Need instructions for a model?       http://www.kl.net/scans/