 Local / United Kingdom / 343
342  |  344
Subject:
Success! (Argos). No success, TRU
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sat, 20 Feb 1999 14:14:13 GMT

Despite my experiences at Argos with the 8462 at 44 pounds,
checked again anyway, as they are now at 33? pounds.
I went to the one in Uxbridge, and they had 2 in stock. The
1st one they brought out had never been opened, and all the
parts were still in the little baggies. Surprisingly only
bought the one. (Why buy one at full when you can get 2 at
the same??)

Also, the Entertainer there has a bunch of a Paradisa set for
only 10 pounds. I don't know how popular Paradisa was, nor the
set number. But if anyone expresses interest, I'll check
Pause and let everyone know.

TRU.
Still no sale. The Slizers are moving, but not too quickly.
The 6975 UFO at 15 pounds is all but gone, the bigger, FOS
UFO is still at full price. 3041 Red Freestyle bucket is still
at 20 pounds, despite the Tesco across the road selling it
for 12!!!!
An Exploriens set (the only one I don't have) that I have been
waiting to go on sale has gone. :o(
The Pneumatic Loader Technic set, for which I have also been
waiting for a sale, has shifted a few more at 40 pounds, leaving
only one, and still not on sale. Another 4559 has suddenly appeared
from nowhere, which I have decided I want. However, no price, no
time to ask, and it was opened (the top card cut off).

So, not a too bad week, considering a 1998 set at half-price!
richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net               remove nospam dot
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
Includes scans of the Dacta section of the Commotions cat!!!!
A UK supplier of Dacta.          Prices don't include VAT!!!!
ICQ 13177071                  AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888
For the best Lego news, visit:    http://www.lugnet.com/news/
Need instructions for a model?       http://www.kl.net/scans/